Asterisk-friendly VoIP providers?

General discussions about Asterisk.

Moderators: Support, Moderator

Asterisk-friendly VoIP providers?

Postby fmouse » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Is there somewhere online a list of, with customer ratings, of Asterisk-friendly VoIP service providers in the US?

We're just about fed-up with AT&T's POTS lines here which go up and down like a yo-yo. I've been aware of Asterisk for years, and am a professional Linux system administrator, and I'm sure I could configure Asterisk for our (my wife's and my home and businesses) use here.

I chatted with an online tech at Phone Power, asking if they "supported asterisk", to which he said "no", but may have thought I was asking if they provided technical support for it, which I wouldn't expect them to do. I didn't follow up. although Phone Power gets good customer reviews.

What, specifically are the issues with regard to VoIP service provider support for Asterisk? Technical answers are OK, since I can research anything I need to know and do need to come up to speed on this.

We'd like to be able to subscribe to a decent and responsive turn-key VoIP service w.o. having Asterisk on our end, and then as money and time permits, build up an in-house Asterisk PBX.
fmouse
Newsterisk

Re: Asterisk-friendly VoIP providers?

Postby b14ck » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

I've been working in the Asterisk industry for a while now. The SIP providers I like the most (in the USA) are:

1. Flowroute (http://flowroute.com) - Cheap DID, rates, varying plans (for personal and business usage), reliability, unlimited channels, nice website, free trial (doesn't require a credit card), asterisk setup instructions that actually work, awesome customer service, easy to pay (you add credits to your account via amazon pay), and again--awesome website.

2. voipsms (http://voip.ms/) - Cheap DIDs, rates, caller ID name (optional), powerful website with tons of features / options, great support, cheap international rates to Canada.

Everything else is second best compared to these two. By far, the best SIP provider I've ever worked with is flowroute, and a close second is voipms. In my own personal and business usage I use flowroute primarily and voipms as a backup. I couldn't be happier.
Randall Degges
Open Source Telephony Developer
http://projectb14ck.org/
b14ck
Newsterisk

Postby tdnnash25 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

At my company we use several providers: bandwidth.com, gafachi.com, voip innovations, velocity

I've also got some personal experience using voipvoip.com - I've not had any major issues with the. But, it all probably depends on what exactly you and your wife are trying to accomplish.
tdnnash25
Oldsterisk

Postby amenszer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:19 am

Our company uses Broadvoice (registered through our Asterisk PBX) as a backup telephony service. Rates are affordable, and depending on your ISP, latency is not an issue.
amenszer
Newsterisk

Return to Asterisk General